Welcome to the Fullerton College Career Education Resources Page
The following page of information, documents, and links is solely for the use of Fullerton College Counselors and Counseling Department Staff and should not be utilized by anyone other than the aforementioned. The purpose is to house commonly referred to information, documents, and links to make our jobs easier. Please feel free to contact me for things you would like to see added and/or any suggestions and thoughts.
Career Education Resources
Fullerton College Career Education/CTE Website
CTE Promo Videos and FC CTE Social Media
CTE Division Websites
Career Education Websites
Labor Market Info (LMI)
Career Education Flyers and Brochures
CTE Credit for ROP Courses
- Articulation process for students parents
- Student Checklist
- Current List of Articulated CTE/ROP courses: Articulated courses 2019 thru 2020
Career Education Staff Training Presentations
Certificate Information: Residency, Graduation, Course Substitutions
Residency Requirements for Certificates: None unless otherwise noted in the catalog for the program.
- Certificate Applications and the Petition to Substitute Certificate Requirements form are currently available on the division’s website under their respective programs.
- Advise students to only submit the certificate graduation application when “all” grades are noted on the application, and after petition to substitute certificate requirements forms are approved (if applicable).
- The Petition to Substitute Certificate Requirements form should be submitted whenever a student uses courses that are not listed on the certificate (regardless of equivalency determined by C-ID’s or previous evaluations).
- When using courses from colleges other than Fullerton and Cypress College for the Petition to Substitute Certificate Requirements form: always include a copy of the unofficial college transcript, regardless of whether or not the official transcript is on file with Admissions and Records.
Tech and Engineering Division:
- Advise students to only submit application when “all” grades are noted on the application.
- Until certificate applications become available on the Tech and Engineering website, students that would like to apply for their completed certificate are advised to email Ken Starkman firstname.lastname@example.org and Anita Sandez email@example.com to request the application.
- * Cosmetology Students do not need to apply for their certificates. Certificates are automatically issued after successful completion of the program.
Career Education Program Resources
- Accounting Certificate Course Substitution (Acct 104_F no longer being offered)
Accounting Associate in Science Degree
- accounting-associate-science-degree (advising notes included)
- Accounting AS – Course Sub (Acct 112_F no longer being offered)
- Acct 110 has replaced Acct 011 (no petition to substitute requirement needed)
- Accounting Course Rotation
- Accounting Certificate Application and Petition to Substitute Certificate Requirements
- Accounting Advisory Meeting Notes_10_3_2019
- Fullerton College courses that meet CPA-Educational-Requirements (updated 7/27/20)
- CPA Information from CA.gov
- CPA License Quick Tips (reference sheet)
Administration of Justice
Points of Interest and Clarification_AJ & Crime Scene Investigation – Counselors Notes and Suggested Sequence
- Become an Architect with an AS
- Points of Interest and Clarification for Architecture AS and Cert (includes suggested sequence)
Art and Digital Arts
- 9/29/20 Biotech Level I- Lab Assistant Certificate update from Jon-Michael Hattabaugh
- Students who take BIOL 272 will now be allowed to use it as a substitute for BIOL 190/190LF as part of the Level I Certificate requirements. Many times, this applies to Biology/Biochemistry majors who also want to receive the Biotech certificate prior to transfer. In this scenario, they will have to take BIOL 191 and will already have met the CHEM requirement as part of the BIOL 272 prerequisite. Here is a link to the Biotech website that shows the certificates – https://fcbiotech.weebly.com/certificates.html.
- Note: If the student chooses to substitute 272 for 190 and 190L, they may do so for the purposes of the first certificate. However, they cannot double count 272 as both a core certificate course in lieu of 190 and 190L *and* an elective course for a second or third certificate in the stack. Simply put, if they use 272 instead of 190 and 190L then they cannot use it as an elective later; they must take a *different* elective course instead of 272 in that case. Certificates are awarded by the Department and, for the time being, students can follow up with their Biotech instructors regarding appropriate substitute courses for the level 2&3 certificates.
- Please Note: Students working towards earning the Biotech Lab Assistant Skills Certificate who would like to take the Chemistry Assessment in lieu of a class (Chem 101_F or Chem 107_F) must earn a passing score on the Chemistry Proficiency Test (23+). If students pass the Chem assessment, Counselor can send an email to Antoinette Triefenbach (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) with the student’s information (name, student ID, verifying that they passed) when they are applying for the Biotech Lab Assistant Skills Certificate.
Transfer – The Associate in Science Biological Technician is eligible for direct transfer to Mira Costa College or Solano College for B.S. in Biomanufacturing.
- Program Information
- Internship Program
- Certificate Application and Petition to Substitute Certificate Requirements
- New Certificate descriptions found here: https://buscis.fullcoll.edu/business-buzzy-blog/
- Computer Game Design Certificate
- Computer Game Programming Skills Certificate
- Mobile Applications Entrepreneur Certificate
- Entry-Level Accounting Certificate
- The Business of Art Certificate
- Small Business Bookkeeping Certificate
- Payroll Accounting Certificate
- Advanced Bookkeeping Certificate
- Cost Accounting Certificate
Computer Info Systems and Cyber Security
CE Program Resources (continued)
Cosmetology (Esthetician Certificate Courses Not Being Offered until further notice)
- Summer 2021 Cosmetology Program Info:2021 SU Cosmo Enrollment COLOR_
- Fullerton College-New Student Orientation Cosmetology Fall 2020
- Cosmetology: Website
- How to work as a Cosmetology Instructor at a community college in California
- A.S. Cosmetology Instructor degree has been approved – See 2019-2020 catalog
- Instructional Techniques Pivot Point Instruction Information_SP19
Digital Marketing Certificate
Fashion Design and Merchandising
- Fall 2020/Remote Updates: Fashion Chat
- Students with Fashion Coursework from other colleges are advised to make an appointment to discuss Course Substitutions with Ken Starkman, Dean of Tech and Engineering. Bldg700, Room 700, Phone: (714)992-7051.
- Fashion Courses Terms Offered
- FASH 299 F Advisement Considerations
- Fashion Skills Certificate
- (Revised) Advanced Fashion Design Certificate
- (Revised) Fashion Design Certificate
- (Revised) Fashion Merchandising Certifcate
- (Revised) Patternmaking Certificate
- (Revised) Dressmaking Certificate
- (Revised) Fashion Illustration Certificate
- (Revised) Image Consultant Certificate
- (Revised) Product Development for the Apparel Industries
Manufacturing and Machine Tech
- Manufacturing as a Career – video
- Machine Technology -Reference for programs-and roadmap (3)
- Please Note: All programs have been approved except for the Metrology Mini Certificate.
Massage Therapy Instructional Program - Discontinued
The Curriculum Committee approved the deletion of the Level I certificate spring 2020. There are no plans to bring the program back. The Level II certificate was never state approved and should not be in the catalog.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Dean of Physical Education David Grossman.
Media Studies/ Journalism
- PLEG New Student Orientation Info Meeting Presentation 09.01.2020
- General Info FC PLEG Studies Program eff 02.04.2020
- PLEG Course Rotation
- Program Contacts eff 02.04.2020
- Los Angeles Paralegal Association – Member Benefits
- Los Angeles Paralegal Association – Membership Application
- Los Angeles Paralegal Association – Student Benefits
- Orange County Paralegal Association – Benefits
- Orange County Paralegal Association – Join
UCI Pre-Law Program For more info contact: Estuardo Ponciano, email@example.com
- Buckfire Law Firm Paralegal Student Scholarship FA20
- Fall 2020 OCPA Scholarship Announcement Application and Essay Prompt-due 10-2-2020
Transfer Articulation Agreements
- 2020-2023-FC-University of La Verne-BS in Legal Studies Pathway-Articulation Agreement-eff.Aug.2020
- FC-National University-BS in Paralegal Studies Pathway-Articulation Agreement eff. July2020
- SPRING 2020 – For spring 2020, the program is accepting the P/NP for the paralegal courses and paralegal GE courses if the student requests it per the emergency institutional policy issued by FC
- PLEG 105_F: The English 100 F prerequisite for PLEG 105 F can be waived if the student has earned a bachelor’s degree (including PLEG certificate approved international bachelor’s degrees). This waiver does not entitle the student to credit for English 100 F on the ABA approved PLEG Gen Ed pattern.
- International Transcripts must be evaluated by one of two Fullerton College approved evaluation services. Evaluations showing that the student has earned the equivalent to a U.S. regionally accredited college or university bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) can be applied to the certificate requirement of possessing an AA, AS, BA, BS or higher degree. International courses cannot be used for general education or major courses required for the Paralegal Studies Associate in Science degree.
- PLEG Gen Ed Pattern: It does not matter when a course was taken as long as it is on the current ABA approved PLEG Gen Ed Pattern. Any course completed at another college must be equivalent to the Fullerton College course listed on the ABA approved PLEG Gen Ed Pattern. Official transcripts from that college showing student received a grade of C or better in the equivalent course must be on file with Admissions & Records.
- Students who wish to transfer Paralegal Studies units (up to a maximum of six (6) units) must obtain prior approval from the Paralegal Department Coordinator or the Business Division Dean. See link for ABA approved programs in California.
- PLEG 223 F Advanced Legal Research & Writing – More and more lawyers depend on their paralegals to write well and persuasively. This course is recommended for all Paralegal Studies students, but especially for those that are not strong writers.
- PLEG 215 F Discovery in Electronic Age – Many attorneys are not versed in E-Discovery but are expected to retain at least someone on their staff or work with a consultant skilled in E-Discovery. That said, this course can be advantageous for Paralegal employment opportunities. Students will learn everything from data collection to trial presentation. Upon completion of this course, students will achieve their eDiscovery Technology Certificate from the National Society for Legal Technology (NSLT). Additionally, curriculum from this course will prepare students to sit for the E-Discovery Executive (eDEX) Certificate offered by the Association of Certified Electronic Discovery Specialists (ACEDS), which is the first step towards getting the Certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS) Certification.
- PLEASE NOTE: Beginning Fall 2019 Instructor Melody LaMontia will be out of the office. In Melody’s absence please direct questions to Ken Starkman, Dean of Tech and Engineering, KStarkman@fullcoll.edu or Photography Instructor Jeff Minton, JMINTON@fullcoll.edu.
- Photography AA Suggested Sequence
- Professional Photography Certificate Suggested Sequence
- Photography_Points of Interest and Clarification
- PLEASE NOTE: Beginning Fall 2021 Pilates Certificate will be changing – Pilates Certificate updates
Spring 2021 – THEA 160 F – Intro to Sound Technology is being offered and has a course corequisites. Course co-req’s are not being offered. Dean John Tebay advises that students submit a Pre-Req/Co-Req Challenge Form.
- Costume Cutter Draper Certificate (October 2016)
- Costume Stitcher Certificate (October 2016)
- Lighting Certificate (October 2016)
- Scenic Artist Certificate (October 2016)
- Sound Technician Certificate (October 2016)
- Stage Management Certificate (October 2016)
- Technical Theatre Certificate (October 2016)
- Theatre Dept. Families of Courses (Limit 4 in Family) as of 01/01/14
- Disneyland Resort Apprenticeship Programs
- SCC’s Electrician-Inside Wireman, Sound Installer Apprenticeship Program: http://ocett.org/apprentice.php
- How to become an Apprentice: https://www.dir.ca.gov/databases/das/descOfAppr.html
- Resource to FIND an APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
Program Updates (8/14/19)
- WELD 121AF has been replaced with WELD 100_F
- WELD 121BF has been replaced with WELD 120_F.
- Welding courses with co-requisites listed means that the student can enroll in the course if they have either completed the co-requisite course and earned a grade of C or better or are concurrently enrolled in the co-requisite course.
- Students beginning the Welding program are advised to take either WELD 100_F or WELD 091AF first. They should plan to take the WELD 91 series (AF, BF, CF and DF) in order.
- Students who are also interested in earning an Associate’s degree are advised to follow the Manufacturing Technology Associate in Science Degree – Welding Concentration.