Please be aware that the Counseling Center will be closed for Spring Break from Saturday, April 4th to Sunday April 12th. However, you may still submit e-Advising questions and counselors will begin responding on Monday, April 13th.
Message from Counseling Department: As a result of COVID-19, the Counseling Department is providing counseling and student support services remotely but closed to visitation. We provide counseling appointments via telephone and face-to-face video conferencing (Zoom). We also offer eAdvising, and platforms for General information (GI).
More updates to come. We hope you and yours are safe and healthy.
Remote Counseling Services are available!
Click the appropriate button below for more information and how to schedule.
Welcome to Fullerton College Counseling Department
The Fullerton College Counseling Department provides student-centered counseling services to support the achievement and growth of our diverse student population with the intent of helping students develop their highest potential, fulfill their goals and promote life-long success.
In support of the Fullerton College Counseling Center’s mission, we foster and commit to the enrichment of students, faculty, staff and the local community through the following:
- Counseling: Provide academic, career and personal counseling services through individual and group counseling sessions.
- Instruction: Offer courses tailored to the needs of students to maximize their academic potential and experience.
- Networking/Coordination: Outreach to the campus and larger community offers a full-spectrum experience that promotes growth and the learning process.
- Staff Development: Impart professional training to faculty and staff to enhance the quality of our services through teamwork, innovation and positive relationships.
With our mission and core functions at the forefront, the Fullerton College Counseling Department and Student Development Division provides services for students through the Counseling Center, the Counseling Resource Center, the Career and Life Planning Center, the Cadena/Transfer Center, the Assessment Center, Disability Support Services and the Veterans Resource Center. In addition, the division provides student development courses in College Study Skills, Career Development and Educational Planning.
The center also provides e-Advising. This is a web based email service through the Fullerton College website for students to ask general counseling questions. This service is not intended to take the place of our face-to face appointments, but rather as a resource for general questions.
The Counseling Center offers new, continuing and returning students individual 45 minute counseling appointments via remote face-to-face video conferencing and via telephone. Appointments may be utilized for, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist students in appropriate selection of math, English and basic skills courses
- Assist students in clarifying their career goals
- Assist students in preparing a Student Educational Planning Program (SEPP), which meets the requirements for college majors, career preparation and transfer to four-year colleges and universities
- Assist students in resolving concerns about life management issues
- Provide information on college policies and regulations
- Provide orientation and new student group advising
- Provide students with information on transfer, major preparation, and general education requirements
- Provide students with unofficial progress checks for certificates, associate degrees and transfer requirements
- Provide unofficial evaluations of other college transcripts
- Provide remote General Information (GI) counseling
Counseling Center Hours
Counseling Center hours remain the same amid remote services due to COVID-19. However the Counseling Center will be closed for Spring Break from Saturday, April 4th to Sunday April 12th.
|(subject to change)|
|Monday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday (extended hours)||8:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|*Friday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|*Saturday||9:00 am – 2:00 pm (click here for dates)|
|Closed Fridays & Saturdays from 06/05/20 – 08/15/20||CLOSED|
Counseling Center Location and Contact Information
321 E. Chapman Ave. 2000 Building
Fullerton, CA 92832
Phone (714) 992-7084
Fax (714) 992-9917