Remote Counseling Services are Available
You can book a remote counseling appointment by calling our Counseling Center at (714) 992-7084. Our Counseling Center hours remain the same during the COVID-19 hiatus but we will extend evening hours beginning May 4, 2020.
Please let our staff know if you would like a remote counseling appointment via face-to-face video conferencing (Zoom) or by telephone.
We will also continue to offer General Information (GI) appointments where you can speak with a counselor to get quick questions answered. Remember, these GI appointments are on a first come, first served basis.
The counseling center also provides e-Advising. This is a web-based email service through the Fullerton College website for students to ask general counseling questions. This service is not intended to take the place of 45 minute counseling appointments via Zoom or phone, but rather as a resource for general questions, and inquiries.
Generally, if you require a review of your academic record you should make a phone or face-to-face video conferencing appointment (either a brief General Information appointment or a 45 minute appointment). However, if you have a general question that DOES NOT require review of your academic record then an e-Advising question may be enough. Select the appropriate option for you below.
Choose Appointments if:
You require a Student Educational Program Plan (SEPP) or have 3 or more questions and/or questions which require review of your academic records. For common appointment topics click here.
Choose General Information if:
You need prerequisites and corequisite clearances, have general transfer and graduation related questions, need referrals to other programs and services or need Math, English and Reading Course placement, have questions about comparable courses or have quick questions.
Choose e-Advising if:
You have 1 or 2 general questions not requiring a review of your academic records. For common e-Advising topics click here.
Preparing for a remote face-to-face video conferencing (Zoom) or telephone counseling appointment (in-person appointments unavailable until further notice)
- Settle yourself in a quite area 10 minutes prior to your appointment to ready yourself to connect with a counselor (Counselor will call you).
- Unresponsive students (15 minutes late) may be asked to reschedule. Contact the counseling center as soon as possible if you are unavailable for your appointment.
- Upon connecting with a counselor you may be asked to verify your identity
- Have all documentation for your appointment (example: High School or other college transcripts, Advanced Placement scores)
Topics and ideas for students to discuss during a counseling appointment
- Withdrawals: Should I withdraw from a course? What are the implications of a “W” on my transcript?
- Good Standing: Are you in good standing or probation status?
- Other College Transcripts: How do I know what courses at Fullerton College are comparable to what I took elsewhere? How do I get credit for courses completed at other colleges/universities?
- Coursework: What courses do I need to complete to meet my goal? How and where do I apply for a certificate or an AA/AS/AA-T (transfer)/AS-T (transfer) degree?
- Major: How can I get help choosing a major and/or career? How can I find out which schools have my major or the requirements for that major?
- Transfer: How do I figure out where I can transfer? What are the differences between the CSU/UC/Private colleges/universities/out-of-state universities? What are the deadlines to apply?