Fullerton College Counseling Internship Program
Overview of Program
The application period for the fall 2022/spring 2023 school year is now closed. Please check back for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 application and the deadline by February 3, 2023.
- Must be in enrolled in a qualifying Master’s Degree Program and be in good academic standing (i.e. counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling).
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Must be technologically competent.
- Must have a strong desire to work with community college students.
- Must be willing to commit to an internship lasting the entire academic semester AND a consistent weekly schedule not to exceed 20 hours a week.
- Selected interns must submit proof of vaccination or have proof of an approved exemption, and agree to weekly COVID testing.
- Must attend the mandatory orientation for interns (dates to be determined).
Selection Process (Selection for this internship does not guarantee employment with the North Orange County Community College District)
- Interns will be interviewed by the Internship Selection Committee.
- After applicants are interviewed, the committee will discuss the selection of interns, areas to be assigned, and or any special projects.
- Interns will be notified of selection by email. The email will also include important dates/training, Internship Program packet, parking permit information, and contact information of their assigned counselor.
- Selected interns will be required to complete the Fullerton College Undergraduate and Graduate Campus Internship Program packet.
- Each selected individual intern will then coordinate with their assigned counselor to determine hours and days of commitment for fall.
- Various optional non-paid training will be offered ongoing throughout the semester.
If you have questions please email us at CounInternship@fullcoll.edu