Fullerton College Counseling Internship Program
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, government mandated safety protocols, as well as the temporary closure of Fullerton College, internships applications are temporarily on hold.
Overview of Program
This application is to express interest in an unpaid internship* within the Fullerton College Counseling Department. This year-long (two semesters) program is for any student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program who may be interested in the counseling field. Our internship will allow prospective interns an opportunity to explore careers and specialties areas in Higher Education.
Interns are accepted for the fall semester and the program will resume during the Fall 2022 semester. Please check this website early Spring 2021 for the application timeline.
- Enrolled in: A qualifying Master’s Degree Program (i.e. counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling OR enrolled in an undergraduate program in any field).
- Must be in good academic standing at an enrolled institution.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Must be technologically competent.
- Must have a strong desire to work with community college students.
- Must be willing to commit to an internship lasting the entire academic semester AND a consistent weekly schedule not to exceed 20 hours a week.
- Upon selection, interns must complete a TB test**, a Livescan background check**, and must attend the mandatory orientation for interns (dates vary based on the semester).
Selection for this internship does not guarantee employment within the North Orange County Community College District
**Selected interns are responsible for costs associated with completing the TB test and Livescan fingerprinting
|PROCESS||GENERAL TIMEFRAME||FALL 2022 DATES|
|Applications||To Be Announced (TBA)|
|Interviews (may be via Zoom)||TBA||TBA|
|Paperwork Due for Selected Interns||TBA|
|Mandatory Orientation (may be via Zoom)||TBA||TBA|
- All counselors interested in taking on an intern will be part of the Internship Selection Committee Process.
- After applicants are interviewed, counselors will discuss the selection of interns, areas to be assigned, and or any special projects.
- Interns will be notified of selection by email. The email will also include important dates/training, a volunteer holds harmless form, parking permit information, and contact information of their assigned counselor.
- Selected interns will be required to complete the Student Internship Agreement form, a TB test, and a background check. Selected interns will be responsible for all fees associated with the TB test and Livescan background check.
- Each selected individual intern will then coordinate with their assigned counselor to determine hours and days of commitment for fall.
- Various optional non-paid training will be offered ongoing throughout the semester.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have questions.