Priority Registration

Continuing Students

• Students enrolled in a course for the previous primary semester (Fall or Spring) and will receive a grade or a “W” are considered Continuing Students for the upcoming semester and may qualify for priority registration.

• To qualify for priority registration, continuing students MUST:

– Not have exceeded 100 units (not including units in basic English, Math, or ESL.

– Be in good academic standing:

• Not have been academically dismissed

• Not have been on probationary status for two consecutive terms

• Have completed 75% or more of their units with A, B, C, CR, P

• If the above requirements have been met, registration appointments will be based on units/hours earned at both Fullerton and Cypress Colleges. Having attended both institutions requires adding units/hours earned from both colleges.

• Number of units/hours earned can be determined by logging onto myGateway at, click Student Records, click View Unofficial Web Transcript.

New and Returning Students

• An online application for admissions must be submitted by the following:

– First time students who have never registered for classes at Fullerton or Cypress College.

– Former students returning after an absence of one or more terms.

• To qualify for priority registration, new students MUST complete the following:

        – Online Orientation – completed in MyGateway

        – Assessment – completed via high school transcript in the Fullerton College Assessment Center or through a counselor

        – Student Education Plan – completed with a counselor

• To qualify for priority registration, returning students MUST meet BOTH “Continuing Student” and “New/Returning Student” requirements. The definition of a “Returning Student” is a student who has previously attended and received a grade or “W.”

• If the above requirements have been met, registration appointments are based on application submission date. The first day to submit an application for the Spring term is September 15th, for the Fall term it is October 15th.

• If the student completed a math course and/or english course at another regionally accredited college or university, or have received credit for math or english through other means such as Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) then they should meet with a counselor for placement and/or receiving course credit.  Students may also be placed into math and/or english courses if they have taken the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASSP) or have Dean approval, or have taken the assessment test at another California Community College within the last two years.  In such cases the clearance and/or course credit would need to be submitted through a counselor.