Prerequisites, Corequisites & Advisories
Clear your prerequisites before your registration date!
Before your online registration date check to see if your choice of courses have prerequisites. Prerequisites must be cleared prior to enrollment. Plan ahead and take care of this as early as possible to avoid waiting in long lines and possible delays to your enrollment in classes.
How to clear a prerequisite which has been met at either Fullerton College or Cypress College?
A prerequisite or corequisite requirement may be fulfilled through the completion of an appropriate course with a grade of “C” or higher or (in some cases) by receiving an appropriate score on an approved assessment test.
Is the prerequisite/corequisite from either Fullerton College or Cypress College? If so, then you should be automatically cleared by the registration system if:
- You are currently enrolled in the appropriate prerequisite course at Fullerton College or Cypress College, or
- You have completed the appropriate prerequisite course at Fullerton College or Cypress College, or
- You have completed the Fullerton College or Cypress College assessment test within the last two years and placed into a specific course level in English, ESL, reading, and math
- You, as a Fullerton College chemistry student, have taken the Chemistry assessment test at Fullerton College and received the appropriate score for placement
If the appropriate conditions above apply to you, then you should attempt to enroll in the course on your designated registration day/time through myGateway. If you encounter difficulty due to a prerequisite/corequisite restriction, contact the Fullerton College Counseling Department as soon as possible (714) 992-7084 or come in person to speak with a counselor.
How to clear a prerequisite which has been met at a college other than Fullerton College or Cypress College?
Is the prerequisite/corequisite from a college other than Fullerton College or Cypress College? If so, then bring the following to the Fullerton College Counseling Center:
- High school transcripts, transcripts from another college (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) and/or other appropriate documentation indicating completion of the prerequisite course; all coursework used to meet prerequisite requirements must be completed with a grade of “C” or better, in progress work or grade cards will not be accepted.
Prerequisite and/or corequisite clearances may be done in either a General Information session (brief meeting with a counselor) or a Counseling Appointment (45 minute meeting). If a student only needs a prerequisite and/or corequisite clearance it is recommended this be done in a General Information session.