New Transfer Student – New to Fullerton College
Steps to Succeed
- Apply – Apply to Fullerton College.
- Online Orientation – To access the online orientation log into myGateway and click on the “Fullerton” tab, then click on “New and Returning Students,” then click on the “Fullerton College Orientation” hyperlink, for visual directions click here.
- Assessment – Upload your personalized Assessment Submission Cover and a copy of your 11th or 12th grade high school transcript (with visible non-weighted GPA) to the MyPath portal, for visual directions click here. Also include any test scores you may have available, such as Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) or California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) results. If you cannot access your high school transcripts, have international transcripts or other college transcripts, contact the Counseling Center at (714) 992-7084. Students who have already completed English and/or math coursework at another regionally accredited college may be cleared for English or math courses and for courses with English and math prerequisites. For course clearance students will need to contact the Counseling Center. To qualify for Priority Registration students must complete three steps:
- Complete the college’s Online Orientation in MyGateway
- Complete the course placement process with high school transcripts and other supporting documents through a Counselor
- Complete a Student Educational Program Plan (SEPP) with a Counselor
- Counseling Appointment – Students should call the Fullerton College Counseling Department at (714) 992-7084 to schedule a counseling appointment. It is advisable that student veterans meet with a Veterans Counselor which they may schedule by calling the Veterans Resource Center at (714) 992-7102. If a student veteran meets with a counselor in General Counseling it is advisable that they identify themselves as a veteran so that their Student Educational Program Plan is properly tailored for veteran certification and also to ensure priority registration.
- Financial Aid – For information on federal/state assistance and eligibility requirements, contact Financial Aid Office at (714) 888-7588.
- Schedule of Classes – Refer to the online Class Schedule for course offerings.
- Registration Appointment – Prior to registration students will receive email notification of their registration date and time through myGateway.
- Registration – Students may register using myGateway at their assigned registration date and time or anytime thereafter. Here is a video that explains the online registration process.
- Fees – Registration fees must be paid immediately after registering or students may be dropped from their classes. Refer to “Fees” page in the Class Schedule.
- Attend Class – It is extremely important that students attend the first class meeting. Failure to attend may result in being dropped from the class. Attendance may be required remotely for online courses and previously in person courses amid the COVID-19 hiatus. Click the blue hyperlink of the Course Registration Number (CRN) in the Searchable Class Schedule for additional details about each, including how and when to “attend” a class taught online or remotely.
- Student Services – Many services are provided to support students’ success at Fullerton College, here is a link to our Student Services.