New Student – First Time in College
Steps to Succeed
- Apply – Apply to Fullerton College.
- Online Orientation – To access the online orientation log into myGateway and click on the “Fullerton” tab, then click on “New and Returning Students,” then click on the “Fullerton College Orientation” hyperlink, for visual directions click here.
- Assessment – Upload your personalized Assessment Submission Cover and a copy of your 11th or 12th grade high school transcript (with visible non-weighted GPA) to the MyPath portal, for visual directions click here. Also include any test scores you may have available, such as Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) or California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) results. If you cannot access your high school transcripts, have international transcripts or other college transcripts, contact the Counseling Center at (714) 992-7084.
- To be placed into an ESL (English as a Second Language) course students will need to take our ESL assessment remotely by visiting Assessment website.
To be placed into Chemistry 111AF course students will need to take our chemistry assessment. Please visit the Assessment website for additional information.
- New Incoming Student (NIS) Group Advising – Click on this link to go to the page to schedule NIS Group Advising, attend, and complete a virtual Group Advising session (This also includes Group Advising for new ESL (English as a Second Language) or contact the Assessment Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 992-7117 to schedule a session. Upon completion of virtual Group Advising session and related survey questions you will be directed to schedule your NIS 30-minute Educational Planning Appointment with a Counselor.
- Financial Aid – For information on federal/state assistance and eligibility requirements, visit the Financial Aid website or call them at (714) 888-7588.
- Class Schedule – Refer to the online Class Schedule for course offerings or purchase at the Fullerton College Bookstore.
- Registration Appointment – Prior to registration students will receive email notification of their registration date and time through myGateway.
- Registration – Students may register using myGateway at their assigned registration date and time or anytime thereafter. Here is a video that explains the online registration process.
- Fees – Registration fees must be paid immediately after registering or students may be dropped from their classes. Refer to “Fees” page in the Class Schedule
- Attend Class – It is extremely important that students attend the first class meeting. Failure to attend may result in being dropped from the class. Attendance may be required remotely for online courses and previously in person courses amid the COVID-19 hiatus. Click the blue hyperlink of the Course Registration Number (CRN) in the online (searchable) Class Schedule for additional details about each, including how and when to “attend” a class taught online or remotely.
- Student Services – Many services are provided to support students’ success at Fullerton College, here is a link to our Student Services.