New Student – First Time in College
Steps to Succeed
- Apply – Apply to Fullerton College.
- Online Orientation – To access the online orientation log into myGateway and click on the “Fullerton” tab, then click on “New and Returning Students,” then click on the “Fullerton College Orientation” hyperlink, for visual directions click here.
- Assessment Appointment – Schedule an assessment appointment to take the college’s Assessment exams to determine English or English as a Second Language (ESL), reading and math course placement. The Assessment Center location is room 3023 in the 3000 Building, click here for a map.
- Group Advising – Call the Fullerton College Counseling Department at (714) 992-7084 to schedule and attend a Group Advising session. Students may also schedule in person at 321 E. Chapman Ave., 2000 Building, 2nd Floor, Fullerton, CA.
- Financial Aid – For information on federal/state assistance and eligibility requirements, contact Financial Aid Office, 100 Bldg, 1st floor, (714) 888-7588.
- Schedule of Classes– Refer to the online Class Schedule for course offerings or purchase at the Fullerton College Bookstore, 2000 Bldg, 1st floor.
- Registration Appointment – Prior to registration students will receive email notification of their registration date and time through myGateway.
- Registration – Students may register using myGateway at their assigned registration date and time or anytime thereafter. Here is a video that explains the online registration process.
- Fees – Registration fees must be paid immediately after registering or students may be dropped from their classes. Refer to “Fees” page in the Class Schedule.
- Attend Class – It is extremely important that students attend the first class meeting. Failure to attend may result in being dropped from the class.
- Student Services – Many services are provided to support students’ success at Fullerton College. Refer to the “Support Services for Students” section in the Class Schedule.