CAASPP (California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress)
English courses — “Standard Exceeded”
If your CAASPP English status is “Standard Exceeded,” please read the instructions below.
Qualifying students will be exempted from additional placement testing in English at Fullerton College. To qualify for the exemption, you must:
- Have an application on file with Fullerton College,
- Submit to the Fullerton College Counseling Office, a copy of your State of California issued CAASPP testing results and a completed Alternative Assessment Petition Form (see below).
- Will not need to take the Fullerton College English assessment test, however, you may still need to take the math and reading assessment (and chemistry assessment — if you are planning to take CHEM 111AF).
- Will receive “clearance” to enroll in English 100 F only (the clearance will not apply to ENGL 100 C taught at Cypress College), once the petition has been processed.
- Please note, “clearance” to enroll in English 100 F does not guarantee that a seat in the class will be available.
- Clearances are valid for two years. Students who are not able to enroll in the class are strongly encouraged to keep trying in every subsequent term until they are able to take the class.
Required documents (please submit to the Fullerton College Counseling Office):
- A copy of your CAASPP testing results,
- To access your CAASPP English results, please visit The California State University English Success website
- A completed Alternative Assessment Petition Form (click here)
For additional information about the CAASPP English exam, please visit The California State University English Success: Early Assessment Program