CAASPP (California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress) & EAP (Early Assessment Program)
English courses — “Conditional” or “Standard Met”
If your EAP English status is: “Ready for CSU or participating CCC college-level English courses — Conditional” or CAASPP English status is: “Standard Met,” please read the instructions below.
NOTE: For this “Conditional” or “Standard Met” status, students should submit the Alternative Assessment Petition Form, CAASPP/EAP score report, and final high school transcripts only after completing their 12th grade year (and after final grades have posted to the transcript).
Qualifying students may be exempted from additional placement testing in English at Fullerton College. To qualify for an English placement exemption, you must:
- Have an application on file with Fullerton College,
- Complete a full-year, approved Expository Reading and Writing course at your high school during your 12th grade year, and earn a minimum grade of “C” for each semester. At this time, only a very limited number of high schools offer this specialized course
- Submit to the Fullerton College Counseling Office, a copy of your State of California issued EAP testing results, final high school transcripts documenting grades received in the 12th grade ERWC course, and a completed Alternative Assessment Petition Form (see below).
- Will not need to take the Fullerton College English assessment test, however, you may still need to take the math and reading assessment (and chemistry assessment – if you are planning to take CHEM 111AF).
- Will receive “clearance” to enroll in English 100 F only (the clearance will not apply to ENGL 100 C taught at Cypress College), once the petition has been processed.
- Please note, “clearance” to enroll in a English 100 F does not guarantee that a seat in the class will be available.
- Clearances are valid for two years. Students who are not able to enroll in the class are strongly encouraged to keep trying in every subsequent term until they are able to take the class.
Required documents (please submit to the Fullerton College Counseling Office):
- A copy of your CAASPP/EAPtesting results,
- To access your CAASPP/EAP English results, please visit:
- A completed Alternative Assessment Petition Form (click here)
- A copy of your final high school transcripts, including courses and grades from your 12th grade year.
For additional information about the EAP English exam, please visit: